Published: 07-06-2012 | Author: Remy van Elst | Text only version of this article
The image you see above here is Terrible Start, a new piece of software I'm creating for Terrible Linux, my debian respin. It will feature all the things in the above screenshot and it is meant as a handy one click start for stuff you want to do. Of course you will be able to turn it off at login, I do not want to bother you with stuff you do not want to have.
- Notepad with save function
- Shows your internal IPv4's
- Shows your external IPv4 address on request
- 1 click buttons for specific software
- 1 click buttons for Google, LXer, Debian and Raymii.org
- Custom URL launcher
- A penguin themed picture
- Written in Python with Illumination Software Creator, source available under MIT/X11 license
- External IP button needs CURL installed, otherwise does not works
Download links are removed because of data loss during server failure.
IT IS A BETA VERSION, NOT READY FOR PRODUCTION. IT MAY WORK, IT MAY NOT WORK, IT ALSO CAN SPAWN A FEW MILLION CREAPERS AND PIG-RIDING SKELETONS WHO BLOW UP AND KILL YOU MINECRAFT STYLE. IF THAT HAPPENS, PLEASE NUKE IT FROM ORBIT, IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE.
I have a request for you all, I want to know what you want or do not want in a start screen, features I can add or remove, thing you like or dislike et cetera. I do not want to hear if you think a start screen is necessary, it will be implemented and also be turned off easily. Please leave a comment below.
Terrible Start is made with Illumination Software Creator.Tags: lunduke , python , software , terrible-linux