Piwik is a free web analytics tool that provides you with detailed reports on your website's visitors, your marketing campaigns and much more. Piwik is an open source alternative to Google Analytics, available in 45 languages, and has been downloaded more than 1 million times!
Piwik is an amazing alternative to Google Analytics.
I use it on this website and a lot of others. There is no free hosted version, but I'm changing that. I'm giving you free access to hosted-oswa.org. You can find instructions on how to get an account at the bottom of this page.
Please include the following:
- URL's of websites you want to use Piwik on
IMPORTANT: Registrations are manually reviewed and can take up at most 48 hours. Uptime/SLA is not available, this is on a best effort base.
ALSO IMPORTANT: hosted-oswa.org/raymii.org is not in any way connected or sponsored or affiliated with Piwik.org, the piwik team or any of their developers.
The official name for my project is "hosted-oswa.org", which stands for "Hosted Open Source Web Analytics". Piwik is the name of the software that is used, and that can be found at piwik.org.
- Hosted Piwik is updated to the latest Piwik version (2.0.2)
- Hosted Piwik is updated to Piwik version (1.11.1).
- Hosted-OSWA is also available over SSL!
How does it work
- You sign up via the above link
- Within 48 hours you receive an email with a username, a password, the hosted-oswa URL and your tracking codes.
- You add the tracking code to your website, or you use one of the many plugins for your CMS.
- All standard statistics reports: top keywords and search engines, websites, top page URLs, page titles, user countries, providers, operating system, browser marketshare, screen resolution, Desktop VS Mobile, engagement (time on site, pages per visit, repeated visits), top campaigns, custom variables, top entry/exit pages, downloaded files, and many more, classified into four main analytics report categories - Visitors, Actions, Referrers, Goals/Ecommerce (30+ reports)
- Real time data updates
- Get a detailed view of your visitors, pages they have visited and goals they have triggered
- Customizable Dashboard - and create new dashboards as you see fit!
- All Websites Dashboard
- Beautiful historical reports
- Goal conversion tracking
- Track custom variables
- Track Searches done on your internal search engine (Site Search Analytics)
- Geo Locate your visitors for accurate detection of Country, Region, City, Organization
- World map of your visitors
- Pages Transitions: view what visitors did before, and after a specific page (awesome feature!)
- Page Overlay: A visual and powerful way to look at your Page views reports, the statistics are directly displayed on overlay on top of your website!
- Automatic tracking of file downloads
- Automatic tracking of clicks on external website links
- Optional tracking of 404 pages
- Analytics campaign tracking
- Automatically detects Google Analytics campaign parameters in your URLs
- More than 800 Search Engines tracked
- Scheduled email reports (PDF and HTML reports)
- Embed reports in your app or website, 40+ Widgets available...
- or embed (beautiful) PNG Graphs in any custom page, email, or app!
- Optionally make your statistics public
- No data limit, you can keep all your data FOREVER. See our limits analytics data fact sheet.
- Create text annotations in your Graphs, to annotate particular events or notes for a given day
Full list of features